Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Bilder Upload

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten
und wurde 473 mal aufgerufen

Shorty Offline

Metal Fan

28.03.2009 13:12
Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

MARCH.24.2009
ICED EARTH’S Jon Schaffer: “I plan to come back from vacation completely recharged and ready to kill.”

Jon Schaffer and IcedEarth.com got together on March 13, 2009 for an update on the band's forthcoming live DVD as well Jon's plans for the immediate future.

The audio interview can be downloaded here (mp3 format, 8.4 MB). The main talking points of the interview are outlined below.

Regarding the immediate plans for ICED EARTH:

Jon Schaffer. Photo by Minerva PhotographyJS: “Well, right now I’m wrapping up the post-production for the, “FESTIVALS OF THE WICKED” DVD which I expect will come out late Summer or Fall of this year. I don’t know that for sure, it depends on when we wrap things up, but that’s the plan. That’s the next project.

“ICED EARTH is going to be taking some downtime. I’ve been very, very busy. I haven’t taken any kind of vacation in six years and I have been non-stop ICED EARTH for three-and-a-half years - from the beginning of the writing of both of these records through the recording, the touring – and there has been a lot of touring…it’s just time. I need to step back from it a little bit. And I’ve got other things planned for this year which I’ll be announcing in due course, but my goals are for right now are to get the DVD finished and (then) to get away completely – no cell phones, no e-mail, no contact with the outside world, just me and my family at a very nice isolated place, no music business, no nothing, and it’s going to be awesome. That’s going to be cool and I plan to come back completely recharged and ready to kill.”

Regarding the kind of projects Jon will be working on after returning from vacation:

Demons and WizardsJS: “You’re going to have to wait and find out my man. I mean, I’m just not ready to divulge yet. I’ve got a few irons in the fire and some things I’m very excited about. Hansi and I have planned late in 2009 to get together to do DEMONS (& WIZARDS) stuff so that’s going to be cool. We saw each other in Cologne (earlier this year) and made plans and I think it’s realistic to say that there will be a third DEMONS & WIZARDS album probably mid- to late 2010. We’re going to have two song writing sessions. We are committed to doing the bulk of this in-person. One of the things I felt like from the last Demons album was that we had this window of opportunity where we had to get it done and we kind of let time dictate the schedule instead of our feelings and that was probably a mistake. I mean I’m proud of that record (“Touched by the Crimson King” 2005) and it sold killer and it’s a good album but I think Hansi and I are capable of a lot more especially when we get back to the root reasons of why we did this thing together.

"We are not going to be bogged down by schedules – we’re going to do this as we see fit and we’re not going to let a particular window of opportunity dictate that this is when we have to do it. We’re going to do it as it feels natural – and if we feel that in Spring of 2010 that we don’t have the songs yet then we’ll push it back. I mean, we don’t have to do it on any specific schedule. We had a really long talk about it and I’m really looking forward to it because I always enjoy working with Hansi and just spending time with him. So, our first get-together is going to be late in the year, but before that I’ve got a few things going on and like I said, we’ll announce it in due course.”

Regarding the name and content of the forthcoming ICED EARTH Live DVD:

Photo by Rudy De DonckerJS: “It’s going to be called, “FESTIVALS OF THE WICKED.” It is going to be (include) Wacken 2007 (with Tim Owens. The four headliners that particular year were Saxon, ICED EARTH, Blind Guardian, and In Flames – at that point the most successful Wacken ever – 70,000 people. It was a massive show. We’re (also) including Rock Hard 2008 and Metal Camp 2008, and there will be some extras like a behind-the-scenes kind of documentary, videos from “Framing Armageddon” and “The Glorious Burden” era, the EPK – the electronic press kit. I think it will be interesting for the fans to see. It’s kind of a video biography that was done for industry people. It’s something that the fans would not typically see. It’s going to have a Ross Halfin photo gallery. Rudy De Doncker from Belgium who’s done a lot of photos of the band through the years – we’re going to have his photo gallery there too. There’s going to be a lot of stuff. I think we’re looking at a three DVD set. I guess it’s possible it could end up being four, but I think the plan right now is to squeeze all the stuff on three, so we should be able to do that.

“The DVD thing is new to me – we haven’t done one before with the exception of the Gettysburg thing, but that doesn’t really count. That was just a Surround Sound version of that song that sorta snowballed into a little documentary about the battle. This is an actual concert release. When we hand in a CD master there is a three month turnaround time – that’s what the labels like to have to prep things up and get press in order. It also depends on whether we can reach the goal of getting this thing wrapped up before I leave, but I would expect the latest release day would be Fall of this year.”

http://www.icedearth.com/multimedia/interview_031309.mp3

------------------------------------------------

Wies aussieht werden dieses und nächstes Jahr musikalisch sensationel: Maiden, Blind Guardian (und jetzt auch noch Demons & Wizards ) bringes jeweils neue alben raus und Iced Earth bringer ein pralles 3-DVD Set raus Also gekauft wirds sofort

(eigentlich wollte ich keinen neuen Thread erröffnen, aber da diese News in keinen vorherigen IE News Thread passten mussten sie hier rein. Ich denke man könnte künftig Ie und D&W News hier reinstellen)

---------------------------------------
Das deutsche Blind Guardian Forum:
http://blind-guardian.de/forum/
Das englische Iced Earth Forum:
http://minionsofthewatch.myfreeforum.org/

Chewie Offline

30.03.2009 19:29
#2 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

meine Meinung dazu

Hansi Kürsch und der Herr Schaffer sollten sich lieber auf ihre eigentlichen Bands konzentrieren und mit diesen endlich mal wieder starke Alben rausbringen.

Ich brauch kein D&W Album. Gibt so viele geile junge Bands die viel besser sind. Darin sollte man sein Geld investieren.

Paschendale666 Offline

Metal God

30.03.2009 21:38
#3 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Chewie
meine Meinung dazu

Hansi Kürsch und der Herr Schaffer sollten sich lieber auf ihre eigentlichen Bands konzentrieren und mit diesen endlich mal wieder starke Alben rausbringen.

Ich brauch kein D&W Album. Gibt so viele geile junge Bands die viel besser sind. Darin sollte man sein Geld investieren.

sehe ich genauso

SenseiBurnout Offline

The Iron Maiden

30.03.2009 23:18
#4 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Ich mag d&w und freue mich über ein neues album.

Iced Earth habe ich inzwischen schweren herzens abgeschrieben, ich glaube nicht das herr schaffer nochmal was reißt.

Mit guardian ist es kritisch. Die "night at" hat mir super gefallen. Die "Twist" war fraglich, fast schon zu popig für meinen geschmack. Da könnte mal wieder was im imagination stil kommen.... na mal sehen.

Now let the tower come

The Reaper Offline

Eddies Pate

09.04.2009 23:50
#5 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

D&W find ich auch nicht so toll...die restlichen Neuigkeiten sind gut!

meine band:
http://www.myspace.com/kingsofthundermusic
http://www.kingsofthunder.de.vu

Quebec-weekend-warrior89 Offline

The Iron Maiden

10.04.2009 00:00
#6 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Blind Guardian und Iced Earth passen musikalisch gut zusammen. Bis auf ein paar hymnische, legendäre Songs geht mir Musik nämlich gleichermaßen total auf die Nüsse, wobei Blind Guardian noch das kleinere Übel ist, da es zumindest einigermaßen nette Jungs zu sein scheinen.

--------------------------------------------------
"Une amour ce n'est pas seulement... un homme... fuck... une amie... ce n'est pas... c'est plus en bas, dans la tête, dans le coeur, dans toute la forme... wasting love!" (Bruce "Air raid siren" Dickinson live in Paris)

CAN YOU SAY KUTULU? (The Vision Bleak)

SenseiBurnout Offline

The Iron Maiden

10.04.2009 00:33
#7 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Quebec-weekend-warrior89
Blind Guardian und Iced Earth passen musikalisch gut zusammen. Bis auf ein paar hymnische, legendäre Songs geht mir Musik nämlich gleichermaßen total auf die Nüsse, wobei Blind Guardian noch das kleinere Übel ist, da es zumindest einigermaßen nette Jungs zu sein scheinen.

Ketzer! Ins Höllenfeuer mit ihm!

Now let the tower come

The Reaper Offline

Eddies Pate

10.04.2009 00:42
#8 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von SenseiBurnout

DITO!

meine band:
http://www.myspace.com/kingsofthundermusic
http://www.kingsofthunder.de.vu

Irenicus Offline

10.04.2009 13:50
#9 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Maiden92
Zitat von SenseiBurnout

DITO!

MaidenMetallian Offline

Eddies Pate

10.04.2009 15:57
#10 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Maiden92
D&W find ich auch nicht so toll......

Die Debut-Scheibe habe ich mir seinerzeit noch als Vinyl-Edition geholt.............aber das Teil dient bei mir nur als Staubfänger; so beschissen finde ich die; den Zweitling habe ich bis heute gekonnt ignoriert.

Elandiar Offline

Metal Fan

10.04.2009 20:28
#11 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von MaidenMetallian
Zitat von Maiden92
D&W find ich auch nicht so toll......

Die Debut-Scheibe habe ich mir seinerzeit noch als Vinyl-Edition geholt.............aber das Teil dient bei mir nur als Staubfänger; so beschissen finde ich die; den Zweitling habe ich bis heute gekonnt ignoriert.

Also gerade die 2. Scheibe gefällt mir deutlich besser als das Debutalbum. Ich hatte mir allerdings auch zuerst die 2. geholt - hätte ich mir das Debutalbum zuerst geholt, hätte ich mir das 2. evtl. auch nimmer gekauft.

Something Wicked ( gelöscht )
11.04.2009 03:45
#12 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten

das mit der IE dvd klingt alles schön und gut.
Jedoch Demons And Wizard,naja Jon kündigte es vorher schon an das er das wieder in die Hand nehmen will,ich find beide Alben nicht sehr berauschend muss das Projekt nicht wieder haben.

Irenicus Offline

11.04.2009 13:16
#13 RE: Iced Earth und Demons & Wizards News Zitat · Antworten
Schaffer sollte lieber mal ne richtig lange Kreativpause einlegen, bevor er überhaupt nochmal irgendwas anpackt. Die beiden Demons & Wizards Alben find ich persönlich vollkommen monoton, immer das gleiche, belanglose Staccato Geriffe ohne Abwechslung und grad bei den teils langen Songs, geht mir das tierisch auf die Nüsse Das einzig gute an den Alben war für mich Hansi's Gesangsleistung, die wie immer ihresgleichen sucht, aber ansonsten... Nur mittlerweile schafft Jon es ja nicht mal mehr vernünftige Riffs rauszuhauen, wie soll da irgendwas halbwegs gares bei rauskommen?? Hansi sollte seine Zeit mal lieber für BG nutzen...
 Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz