Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Bilder Upload

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 13 Antworten
und wurde 970 mal aufgerufen

Irenicus Offline

13.06.2011 22:10
Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
2011-06-13 19:18
Jon Schaffer Reports From Road, Reveals Name of New Iced Earth Album

Hello Gang!

Just a quick update for you from the road. We had a great weekend playing at Sweden Rock Friday and the Rock Hard festival in Germany on Saturday. The band’s having a lot of fun, and today we begin rehearsing the new songs for the forthcoming CD, titled Dystopia. We begin master tracking in Florida in 2 weeks and will be traveling between Europe and the US this summer to play festivals and finish the new album. I can honestly say that I haven’t had this many songs give me goose bumps since we recorded Something Wicked This Way Comes, way back in 1998, so this is also very exciting.

Ich erwarte eigentlich nichts mehr von dieser Band bzw. von Schaffer. Wenn das Album wieder nichts wird, dann ist die Band für mich endgültig gestorben.

► Rush - Natural Science [live HD] ♫

Skullface Offline

Blood Brother

13.06.2011 22:18
#2 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Ich weiß nicht bin eigentlich doch ein bisschen gespannt. Mal gucken vielleicht haut Schaffer nun endlich mal wieder ein gescheites Album raus. Hoffentlich haben sie nun auch endgültig den ganzen Sängerwechsel hinter sich.

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/skullface

http://www.iphpbb.com/board/fs-53074113nx113361.html

Davux95 Offline

Metal God

13.06.2011 23:47
#3 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Hoffentlich schaffen sie es.

If you had the time to lose

Captain Flint @ Treasure Island Offline

Metal God

14.06.2011 11:54
#4 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Och... so würde ich das nun nicht sagen, dass die Band für mich tot wäre, wenn sie ein schlechtes Album abliefern würden.
"Framing Armageddon" und "The Glorious Burden" fand ich schon sehr fett!
War eigentlich auch immer ein Fan des Rippers. Das letzte Album fand ich zwar jetzt nicht so genial, aber ein Griff ins Klo war's
auch nicht. Habe sie 2009 auch live gesehen und die haben ordentlich geballert.
Auf die neue Live-DVD freue ich mich auch schon und die Trailer sehen vielversprechend aus.

We are prisoners of our time
But we are still alive
Fight for the freedom, Fight for the right
We are Running Wild

Irenicus Offline

14.06.2011 14:46
#5 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Captain Flint @ Treasure Island
Och... so würde ich das nun nicht sagen, dass die Band für mich tot wäre, wenn sie ein schlechtes Album abliefern würden.

Naja, für mich haben sie aber schon 2 schlechte Alben (die letzten) abgeliefert. Und TGB fand ich nur so Durchschnitt.

► Rush - Natural Science [live HD] ♫

Iron Wolf Offline

Clansman

18.06.2011 11:09
#6 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Die letzten beiden Alben waren wirklich nicht das Gelbe vom Ei. Glorious Burden fand ich noch richtig stark (vor allem wegen der Gettysburg-Trilogie)!
Reinhören werd ich auf jeden Fall mal. Bin schon neugierig, ob der neue Sänger was taugt und ob Schaffer es doch noch schafft die Kurve zu kriegen.

MaidenMetallian Offline

Eddies Pate

18.06.2011 12:54
#7 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Iron Wolf
Die letzten beiden Alben waren wirklich nicht das Gelbe vom Ei. Glorious Burden fand ich noch richtig stark (vor allem wegen der Gettysburg-Trilogie)!
Reinhören werd ich auf jeden Fall mal. Bin schon neugierig, ob der neue Sänger was taugt und ob Schaffer es doch noch schafft die Kurve zu kriegen.

Selbst das fand ich schon einen Griff ins Klo.

Chewie Offline

18.06.2011 13:11
#8 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von MaidenMetallian

Zitat von Iron Wolf

Selbst das fand ich schon einen Griff ins Klo.

Teils Teils

gab richtig starke Songs aber auch kompletten Müll

MaidenMetallian Offline

Eddies Pate

18.06.2011 13:18
#9 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Chewie

Teils Teils

gab richtig starke Songs aber auch kompletten Müll

Stimmt, jetzt wo Du es sagst:
"Red Baron" fand ich noch ganz gut; das war es dann aber auch schon.........

maniacdom Offline

18.06.2011 14:31
#10 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Die letzten beiden Alben fand ich nicht so stark und ich hatte die Band auch schon
abgeschrieben.

Nachdem Auftritt auf dem Rock Hard-Festival habe ich die alten Scheiben wieder
gehört und bin jetzt doch auf das neue Album gespannt. Vll. bekommen sie nochmal
die Kurve, wobei ich mir nicht sicher bin, ob der neue Sänger zu Iced Earth passt.

Skullface Offline

Blood Brother

19.06.2011 15:20
#11 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

FA fand ich nicht schlecht hatte ein paar gute Songs bloß viel zu viele Zwischenspiele.

Irenicus Offline

27.07.2011 16:46
#12 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
ICED EARTH MAINMAN REVEALS COVER ART, RELEASE DATES FOR DYSTOPIA

Although Dystopia, Iced Earth’s 10th studio offering, is not a concept album, founder Jon Schaffer admits there are unifying themes to several of the songs – and even an appearance by band mascot “Set Abominae.”

“I’ve always been fascinated by the darker side of life,” Schaffer said during a break from master tracking Iced Earth’s forthcoming album. “Movies like Metropolis, Brazil, and The Matrixresonate with me. The same for albums like 2112, The Wall, and of course Operation:Mindcrime. Their images of a soulless, repressive society stuck with me over the years. It must be the sci-fi fan in me.”

In much the same way Horror Show (Iced Earth’s tribute to classic characters from literature and movies) was born, Schaffer said his interest in dystopian themes in music and movies led him to try his hand at that genre as well – even paying homage on the new album to the movies Dark City, V For Vendetta, and Soylent Green. The end result is Iced Earth meets the nightmarish offspring of Brave New Worldand Blade Runner.

Of special interest to long-time fans are two songs on Dystopia (the title track and “Tragedy and Triumph”) that feature the return of the “Something Wicked” storyline and “Set Abominae” – who, when last seen in The Crucible of Man [2008], had taken his position as ruler of the world.

“The opening song is a step back timeline-wise from the ‘Come What May’ track,” said Schaffer. “‘Come What May’ [the last track on Crucible] sets the scenario that it’s up to us and the decisions we make that will determine the future of the human race. These two songs [on Dystopia] take place at a time when people are in highly controlled prison-like city states, and their eventual emancipation in the closer, ‘Tragedy and Triumph’.”

In an uncanny case of art imitating life, Schaffer said Set Abominae fit perfectly with the general theme of Dystopia.

“I remember it hit me like a ton of bricks in ’97, the whole Something Wicked story did,” Schaffer said. “I thought, ‘Man, this is going to be so cool.’ Many years later, we were on tour for Crucibleand we were doing an interview over in Eastern Europe. A buddy of mine said, ‘You know, Jon, this whole Something Wicked thing could be true.’ I thought about it a moment and said, ‘Well, I don’t know about that. But there are some creepy parallels in contemporary life.’”

“So as I was thinking about all of the great movies, albums, and books with dystopian themes, I remembered that conversation and it occurred to me that the Something Wicked story could continue in a few tracks here very nicely,” Schaffer said.

Schaffer admits the recording of Dystopiahas been especially challenging because of the band’s summer festival gigs requiring him to criss-cross the ocean numerous times.

Despite the challenges, Schaffer says working with new vocalist Stu Block is “a pleasure.”

“You just can’t ask for a better attitude,” said Schaffer. “Stu is so excited to be here. He brings a youthful exuberance to the band, which is a lot of fun. And he’s a real dude. He’s down to earth, and willing to try anything that Jim [Morris, co-producer, engineer] or I throw at him. He’s stepping into the shoes in a very natural way.”

Schaffer continues: “We’re opening up a part of his voice and a style of singing that he didn’t even really know he had. We’re exploring this whole new range. And we’re just getting started. I believe Stu will continue to grow – and has the potential to grow – into one of the greats, one of the guys that will go down in metal history. If he stays on this course, with the attitude that he has, his willingness to learn, and his passion, he’s destined for really great things. I firmly believe that.”

Song Titles on Dystopia:

Dystopia
Anthem
Days of Rage
Soylent Green
V
Boiling Point
Anguish of Youth
Iron Will
Dark City
End of Innocence
Equilibrium
Tragedy and Triumph

Dystopiais scheduled for release in Europe on October 17th, and in the U.S. on October 18th both via Century Media. Two bonus tracks are also being recording for inclusion on special editions of the album.

The release of Dystopiawill be followed by the most extensive world tour Iced Earth has ever undertaken.

The European leg of the 2011-2012 World Dystopia Tour has been posted on the band’s official web site, and all official social-media sites. The tour begins October 30th in Bochum, Germany.

Naja, Cover find ich nicht so besonders, ist in etwa von der selben Quali wie die der letzten 2 Alben. Songtitel klingen aber nicht schlecht.

"Musik ist höhere Offenbarung als alle Weisheit und Philosophie" - Ludwig van Beethoven

ZoSo_Capricorn Offline

Poser

27.07.2011 17:10
#13 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Cover passt schon. Wenigstens nicht so überladen und passend zum Thema des Albums. Hört sich insgesamt schon interessant an mit den ganzen Film-Parallelen. Und bin mal auf den Sänger gespannt. Ich freu mich zumindest das ich den Barlow in einer Woche in Wacken sehen/hören kann. Der Mann hat eigentlich die perfekte Stimme Iced Earth, aber was will man machen.

Skullface Offline

Blood Brother

27.07.2011 17:25
#14 RE: Iced Earth - Dystopia Zitat · Antworten

Das Cover ist zwar kein Kracher gefällt mir aber besser als bei den letzten 3 Alben.

Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz